Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Love and Country Music




The theme I chose is love and the genre is country music. There are many examples of country songs written about love. For example, the song "Mary's Song (My My My)" by Taylor Swift talks about love. The song is about a girl and a boy who meet as children and grow up to fall in love with each other. "Well I was sixteen when suddenly, I wasn't that little girl you used to see. But your eyes still shined like pretty lights." I think this song shows how these two people met as kids and grew up to realize that they love each other. There are many other examples of songs that influenced my decision, but this song sums it up pretty well. Country music was chosen as my genre because I feel that country music is made to show the artist's true feelings, while other genres like rock or rap, are created to be popular. Country music has been around for a long time andmost songs are about all different types of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment